Have you seen this picture floating around pinterest? If you’re not on pinterest, lucky you- (what a time suck)
It’s a lie. Yesterday I went out for a run, and I hated every single second of it. I actually wished I just would have stayed home. Or at least stayed in my neighborhood. Or not eaten so much before I went out to run. Ugh.
I pass by this trail every day on my way home, but I’ve never bothered to see how long it is. I always just assumed it was a mile, which isn’t long enough for me to drive back to after going home from work.
I discovered that it’s 2.5 miles long, which really isn’t great, but it’s longer than the sidewalk in my ‘hood, so I thought i’d give it a shot.
I went home after work, ate entirely to many snacks, then headed back to the trail around 6:30. I had really great intentions of doing an interval workout. Really, I was going to do it. I had my game face on, and I was ready to suffer.
and suffering is what I did.
Every snack I ate before running was beating up my stomach. I felt so horrible. I was mentally scolding myself for being such an idiot. WHY did I have to have to eat that jalapeno mozzarella cheese? WHYYYYY?
The run out wasn’t so bad. I mean, it definitely could have been better, but I managed my warm up and 2 intervals. The turn around flat out killed me.
I was running directly into the sun, and into a 13mph headwind. (up hill in the snow both ways)
I gave up on the intervals on the way back. I reset my watch and just ran back. I’ll try intervals another day – at home, in my neighborhood. I won’t be returning to that trail.
I hate it when one bad run makes me question my ability. I was legit wondering if I could actually run a marathon. What would I do If I was at mile 10 and started having a horrible race? 16 miles left to suffer through. Uhm, pass. I thought, “how bad do I actually want to run a full?”
I’m still waiting on the answer to that one.
Onto more pleasant things:
1. 6 more working days until Jenny & I jet off to Washington DC, Newport News VA, & Outerbanks, NC (woohoo!)
2. I’m currently reading Lipstick Jungle – I love a little trashy reading once in a while
– I watched the show on Hulu last week
3. I’m obsessed w/ the show In Plain Sight – to bad Hulu doesn’t offer the current season.
4. The weather in DC is going to be awesome. I can hardly wait to wear jeans & sweaters!
5. I’m sad race season is over – I’m worried about what I’m going to do between now & marathon training.
6. writing posts from the wordpress page is way more difficult than it should be. I love livewriter.
Anything you’d like to whine about? Feel free:
Insert whine here _____________________________