Monday is here and so it’s back to work I go. This week is a light load at work. A few patients, some quickbooks stuff to be done, and some accounts that need to be followed up on. Oh, and patient statements have to be sent out. Ugh. I really dislike sending out patient statements, but we have to get paid somehow, right?
Since it’s Monday I decided I should probably plan for this week. Meals, working out, and whatever else needs to be done this week.
I really enjoy meal planning, but I’ve been slacking lately. For us, not planning meals means eating poorly and spending more money than we should on groceries. Not planning means that I’m stressing out at 4:45pm trying to figure out what to have for dinner. Not meal planning means we end up eating tuna wraps for dinner 3 times in one week. It means that Chris has to buy his lunch because there are no leftovers for him to take. Not meal planning is bad business in the LIBK household. I’m not the type that can come up with a good meal on a whim. I need a plan.
Yesterday morning I woke up early(er) and set to work getting a grocery list together and list of meals that I will prepare during the week. I had a few ideas while we were driving back from Clermont Thursday night after our return from the bahamas, and I had another idea Saturday night on our drive home from clermont after hanging out w/ my sister. So, I had two meals, just a few more to go.
I enjoy sitting in front of my computer, and cooks books browsing around looking for something delicious and healthy to make. While I was in the Bahamas I read Tina’s book Carrot’s ‘N Cake. Her book really opened my eyes to a lot of things in my life (more on that in a review I’ll do soon). So, I’m on a mission to make healthier meals. We will still splurge on things like meatloaf & mashed potatoes, or chicken & yellow rice occasionally, but I really want to get our diet under control.
This week we will have:
- Pasta w/ mexican black bean sauce from Branny Boils Over
- Fish w/ Black beans, green peppers & onion – not sure what kind of fish yet. We have a boatload in the freezer
- Stuffed chicken breast – zucchini on the side – I am just using that recipe as a starting point. There will be no bacon & no sour cream.
- Summer Pasta Salad – I saw this on a message board and literally said mmmmm outloud when I saw the picture. This is similar to what we already make, but she has some chicken added in. yummy!
- lemon rosemary-roasted chick peas – This isn’t a meal, but I’m going to make them sometime this week to go w/ something. Recipe is from Peas & Thank You cookbook
- spicy african peanut slow cooker soup , another yummy recipe from Peas & Thank You
So, there you have it. That’s only 5 meals, and there are 7 days, so we will have to figure something out for the other 2 days. Like I said, we have a crap ton of fish in our freezer right now.
evidence of the insane amount of fish in our freezer. There are more bags behind what you can see there. We have mahi mahi, grouper, snapper, and who knows what else. I love fish, so I’m not complaining at all.
and now: two fun pictures from Sunday’s Funday
getting a massage from Kailyn! Child-labor
What’s on your menu for this week? Anything I should put on my menu for next week?
Eatin’ through life, one day at a time!