I got this idea from Emily at A Life to Bragg About.
I’m apologizing in advance for the length of this.
1. It’s hard to tell, but I’m actually pretty shy. I have a really hard time meeting new people and stepping outside my comfort zone. I’ve gotten better over the last year, but big groups of people that already know each other really, really intimidate me. I often come across as a bitch because I can be pretty quiet. I often get misinterpreted. Once you get to know me, you’ll probably wish I’d shut up and become that quiet shy person once again. 😉
2. I’m very passionate about my job. I really love my job, and I love helping others as much as I can. I often feel horrible when another office treats my patients badly. I will apologize profusely even though it had nothing to do with me. I often will spend copious amounts of time on the phone with various agencies or other offices so that the patient doesn’t have to.
3. I love my dogs, even when Diva pees on the floor. I can’t imagine our life with out those furry little beasts. They are adorable. No one else gets as excited to see me when I walk in the door as Diva does. She jumps, and jumps, and claws at my leg till I pet her, which is annoying and endearing all at the same time.
4. I really love blogging. I’m not the best blogger, and sometimes I’m sure my posts seem incredibly pointless or boring, but they make me happy. Sometimes I look at my own blog multiple times a day. Ha
5. I have really strong opinions about a lot of topics but you will never see me write about them, or hear me talk about them. I only discuss such things with Chris (isn’t he lucky). He loves and understands me wholeheartedly. He knows where my heart is. Plus, it’s not worth my time, or your time to start an all out war on my blog, right? right. For the most part, I like to keep my blog light & airy. Yes, I have the occasional sad post about the death of a family member, or someone in our community, but for the most part, It’s important me to keep things light. There is so much crap going on in the world and you can read about it elsewhere.
6. I have a really abnormal fear of death. I don’t think I really need to elaborate. It really horrifies me that I may lose my husband, or one of my parents, or siblings to some disease or accident. I get really upset and I will cry if I think about it to much.
7. My heart is soft, like mushy oatmeal. I cry a lot. Not like, I’m depressed cry a lot. Like, something on TV was really sad and I cried. Or, I think someone is mad at me, and I cry. It’s really ridiculous. I don’t know how this happened because I used to never cry. For the last 5 years I’ve turned into a huge cry baby. It’s so stupid, but I can’t help it.
8. To go along with my soft heart, I wish I could help every homeless person I see. I know this is wildly unpopular but I can’t help it. If a homeless, or maybe they aren’ thomeless but they are down on their luck, stops me in the parking lot and asks me for money, I’ll give it to them If I have cash. At publix on Sunday there was a group of kids and a lady sitting outside with signs that said something about Foster Parents. I gave them the only cash that I had, and I felt bad that I didn’t have more.
9. On Sundays in Pasco county people sell newspapers in the median, if I’m in Pasco on a Sunday I will buy a paper from them. I would buy one from every person I saw if I could. I just have the urge to help someone that is down on their luck. I honestly believe that not all homeless people are out using their money to buy drugs & alcohol. I’ve also thought about asking one of them If I can stand their with them, just to see how it is.
10. I love my job and I have a really, really amazing boss. Never in my life have I ever worked for someone so laid back and kind. It’s quite amazing. I think I’ll stay here forever. I almost didn’t take this job. I was really, really scared to be an office manager. I have 4 years experience in the medical field, but not in management. It is a new practice and there were just so many things that scared me that I didn’t think I could do. I even told the Dr I didn’t think the job was right for me. He totally convinced me that I could do it and that he would do whatever I needed to make sure I had everything I needed to succeed. He has stuck with his word and been by my side 100% of the time. It’s amazing, really.
11. I really love things all Ocean/Beach related. I’ve been fishing since I was big enough to hold a fishing pole. I’ve crossed from Florida to Grand Bahama by personal boat at leat 8 times and only thought we might die once (ha!)
12. Sea creatures do not scare me. Sharks are one of my favorite animals, I think they are absolutely majectic and amazing creatures. I even have a hammerhead shark tattoo!! I love fishing and when I hook into a fish I squeal like a little girl. If I happen to hook into a shark my day is complete. I want to catch a hammerhead soon, before I die, but sooner preferably. Kthanks. I know where to go to catch them, but I need a boat big enough. Anyone with a boat want to take me to Boca Grande Pass? The world record hammerhead was caught there! (I know I’m a total weirdo that I know where the world record hammerhead was caught, I didn’t even have to google it. I just knew. I’ve fished BGP before, but no sharkies!
13. I believe in spanking as form of punishment for a child. GASP! I know, AH! Spanking! That’s pretty much all I’m going to say about that. See #5.
14. I love a guy in boots & wranglers. If I see a guy in boots & wranglers I’m looking. I don’t care what his face looks like, that’s not what I’m lookin’ at
15. I secretly want Chris to get another motorcyle. I love them, but I’m scared. See #6
16. Is this over yet? Are you thinking the same thing?
17. Very few things gross me out, but watching a baby being born on TV makes me want to vomit hardcore. GROSS!!
18. I worked in an Emergency room downtown Orlando and saw a lot of really cool, and really sad things. I think everyone should work in an Emergency room, in a big city, at least once. It was a very eye opening experience for me that gave me a lot of perspective. Life is short, that’s for sure.
19. God is so good. I firmly believe God is the only reason I have such a wonderful job, and the reason that we are able to have the home that we have.
20. If we had boat loads of money we would not live in the United States. We’d live in a shack some where on the beach in Costa Rica, for real.
21. I want to go to Australia and snorkle on the Great Barrier Reef. I realize there is very little chance this will ever happen, but it’s a good dream 🙂
22. So close.
23. We are getting ready to celebrate our 2nd wedding anniversary. I love(d) our wedding. I absolutely loved getting married on the beach. I wouldn’t change a single thing about the entire day, it was awesome.
24. I bought sweatpants from Sports Authority out of the kids section because they were cheaper. I bought a L because the M was to short. The L’s are to big for me. It makes me sad that kids in America are so obese. I also bought a sweatshirt from Goodwill out of the kids section and i felt like I was stealing from a kid. I only needed the sweatshirt for the start of a race and I refuse to get rid of one of mine.
25. I am not a neat freak by any stretch of the imagination. I try really hard to clean up the house fairly often but I really hate cleaning. I avoid laundry for as long as possible. Thankfully Chris has at least 20 pairs of work jeans so I don’t have to wash his jeans except once or twice a month. Wow, that is horrible!!
26. I really love getting my hair done, like really. It is one of the most relaxing things ever. (I’ve never had a massage so I can’t compare it to that). I could fall asleep when she is washing my hair. Oh, it helps that she is one of my very good friends and going there is always so therapeutic. It’s worth the money I pay (which is minimal compared to some places). Chris will never understand why I love getting my hair done so much.
27. Chris is awesome.
28. I am totally avoiding doing homework by finishing this up. I’m so close to being done with school I can hardly stand it. I am so over coding all of these medical records. I do it at work, then I have to come home and code some more fake cases. Over it. At least the cases at work are some what interesting.
29. I have some many thoughts about health care and about my job. I really wish I could just put them out there for people to read. I wish that people even had a clue how crazy health care is from the Provider’s perspective. I could probably write a short book, hell maybe a long book, about the things that go on that the average person doesn’t know about and doesn’t understand.
30. This has been pretty fun, and even kind of interesting. I really thought I would have a hard time thinking of 30 things to say about myself. Does it make me self-centered if I didn’t have a hard time with this? I hope not.
Happy Monday Ya’ll