I got this recipe from my “Fix it and Forget it Cookbook”.
It was a last minute thing. I was going to make something else, but realized I wasn’t going to have enough time. So I started flipping through this cook book and found this delish recipe.
Katelyn’s Black Bean Soup:
1/3 cup chopped onions
1 garlic clove, minced
1-2 Tbsp. oil
(2) 15.5 oz cans of black beans undrained
(1) chicken bouillon cube
1/2 cup diced, cooked, smoked ham
1/2 cup diced carrots
1 dash, or more cayenne pepper
1-2 drops, o more, Tabasco sauce
1. Saute onion and garlic in oil in sauce pan (i didn’t have fresh garlic, but I did have minced garlic in the fridge so i just used some of that, it turned out fine)
2. Puree or mash contents of one can of black beans (i put the beans in my food processor and mashed them till they were in liquid form)
3. Combine all ingredients expect sour cream in slow cooker.
4. Cover. Cook on Low 6-8 hrs.
5. Add dollop of sour cream to each individual bowl before serving.
This turned out to be a really easy and yummy soup. I added light red kidney beans (drained) as well to this soup, just one can. Next time I plan on adding some turkey sausage. I think it needed some more meat.